Sunday 30 March 2014

Neuschwanstein



So that's one off my bucket list, I had always dreamt of going to see Neuschwanstein (new-swan-stone) castle, but I never dreamt I would get the opportunity so soon.  One of Ben's friends has moved to the beautiful Erlangen, which we were more than giddy to see but then when Ben said we'd be renting a car to drive to the castle I did pee a lil'. Special thanks to them for inviting us and taking us to such gorgeous places. We had the most amazing long weekend, and we couldn't have wished for better weather when we went to Neuschwanstein on the Friday. The scenery alone was simply breathtaking. 










We had the tour inside the castle through the handful of  completed rooms, King Ludwig's II bedroom was my favourite it had the most amazing carved bed you've ever seen and a swan for a facet! Apparently there are two secret doors - one for his loo and the other for bed linen - not very dramatic but still exciting nonetheless. 









If you follow me on instagram you will know I finally got my mitts on an Edwardian day dress, so it seem entirely appropriate to wear to the castle. Benji's beard is so ginger and magical ain't it?











All in all I want to emigrate to Germany, don't get me started on supermarkets over there, fricking pastries to die for! Don't worry I have more sight seeing snaps to share aha.

Auf Wiedersehen kittens




22 comments:

  1. How totally glorious! I so long to visit Germany...it's on MY bucket list for sure!
    You are a total babe, such perfect travel dressing!
    Ha, G gets a good bit of ginger (and grey) in his beard too!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love it! Aaaw thank you my gorgeous lady. Aha yeah Ben has got a speckle of grey so purty xxxx

      Delete
  2. Ohh it's fairytale gorgeous!!! And your outfit is to die for.... the dress, velvet jacket, and hat are just so cool, and fit the lovely setting perfectly <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading a biography of Ludwig II, he was such a fascinating and tragic figure. I'm hoping to do a tour of his castles sometime soon! Lovely pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how interesting, might have to get my mitts on a copy, it's sad that his family didn't let him finish the castle!

      Delete
  4. You look magical in that dress with the castle as a backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look magical in that dress with the castle as a backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is just perfect for the setting - I love the white dress and the amazing blue in the jacket. Gorgeous! Looks like you had a really wonderful trip x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I did have a wonderful time ;) x

      Delete
  7. Oh, Neuschwanstein is really 'wunderschön' ;-) I have visited long time ago and now I want to go back imidiately!
    Your outfit is really gorgeous... this dress is adorable and also the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already want to go back hah, must have power of people. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. They should give you that castle for looking so damned regal and fabulous! Your dress is gorgeous and as for that bedroom, I die! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing! I want to see all the pictures! Love your outfit, it's perfect. x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Germany. How I would emigrate there in a heartbeat if not for the debilitating fear of living in a country where I don't speak the language... One day I will become a free-lance journalist and live there... Loving your photos and the wonderful Edwardian dress - what a fabulous find. (P.S. Nice to see you back blogging!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow! thanks for sharing this post! i wish i could go there too! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness gracious! There is too much magical beauty in this post and then Benji's beard just went and pushed it over the edge! ;) Seriously Hannah you lucky lucky lady, I want to go here SO BAD. These photo's are so wonderful, can't wait to see more. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this post is like a fairy tale! Your outfit is beyond adorable (that jacket!!!) and the setting of Neuschwanstein is just perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete