Monday 27 June 2011

Something Sweet

Hello my petals hope you all had a lovely weekend, I decided to tackle some more macaroon baking and I was really chuffed with the results. I followed this recipe and it was very straight forward, except for the piping with a plastic food bag, I think I need to invest in an actual piping bag to get more aesthetically pleasing results , as mine tend to look a bit misshapen I also swapped the black food colouring in the ganache for green.



I also made one of my favourite cupcake recipes Pistachio and White Chocolate, here is the recipe if you're interested in making them too.



110g unsalted butter diced
110g golden caster sugar
finely grated orange zest
2 medium eggs separated
75ml of milk
140g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
25g shelled raw pistachio nuts coarsely chopped
25g white chocolate drops

Topping
pistachio nuts ground
75g apricot jam

Preheat oven 170c fan/190c

Cream the butter and sugar in a food processor until almost white, incorporate the orange zest and egg yolks, then the milk and then beat until homogenised. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Sift the flour and baking powder twice, then fold into the butter mixture, add the salt, the pistachios and chocolate chips

Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the cake mixture, as lightly as possible. Fill 12-14 paper cake cups and fill two thirds full with the cake mixture, place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.

For the topping, melt the jam in a small saucepan on a medium heat, take off the heat and brush tops of cooled cupcakes, sprinkle on pistachio and add chocolate drops

I made the cakes for friends and we went on a very long walk yesterday, the weather was so lovely.









4 comments:

  1. mmmm cakes look so yummy, will definitely be trying out the recipe. The surroundings of your walk look so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh let me know how they turn out when you do! It is near the peak district, wish I lived in the countryside boo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is intensely cool that you made macaroons. And the fact that they're pink is obviously double bonus cool points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah thank you, just discovered your blog it is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete